Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Baby is Coming

This is my first facebook note and I assume it is much like a blog, so anyone who reads this may read the same on myspace and my blgspot-but no one reads those anyway.

I want to give everyone an update on how the pregnancy is going.
So far so good. Renee is going to be 17 weeks pregnant this week. We just went for a doctor's visit last week. The midwife started looking for the heartbeat and at first we did not hear anything, I will admit I got nervous and this feeling of dread came over me, but just as I got worried I heard the heartbeat of my child for the first time. Wow, what an experience to hear that. To those of you who do not have children, you will not understand what I am talking about till the day you hear it for yourself.

Renee has been feeling okay, she usually gets a little sick in the evenings, but the midwife said that it is perfectly normal and healthy. We are taking progressive pictures of her belly, but she told me if I posted them I would be a dead man.

We go back for another visit in just a few weeks, it will be the 5 month (20 week mark) at that time I will hopefully be able to report what the sex of the baby is. Yes we are finding out yes we are excited. Yes, I am nervous. I pray everyday that God will watch over and protect our little Jellybean (that is what my mom and dad call it) and that God would pit in it's heart now a desire to love and serve Him.

God has made us stewards of lots of things. In my sermon this past week I talked about how God made Adam and one of the first things he told Adam to do was "Get to work" tending the Garden of Eden. God wants to learn how to care for things because we are made in his image. By caring for things ourselves we comes to understand the heart of God because he cares so greatly for us. Whether it is a garden, a store, a job, a relationship, a parent, or a child. The way we care for things is a reflection of God in us.

I say this because I want my care for my family, whether my wife or my child to reflect the way God cares for us. I mess up and fall short-just this morning (4:30 am) Renee woke-up and wanted a massage. I tried -I really did, but I fell asleep in the process.

I pray that as I begin this journey of parenthood that God will give me the strength to become more like him in my love and care for my child. To help it to grow to love God and love others.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

FInally you wrote something on your blog, I check this thing all the time. I love you and thanks for the update.

Love,
Samantha

teh = the said...

Well, if you find out you're having a boy, may I suggest the name Warwick? Its a strong name with a long history and steeped in tradition. Now I understand if you do not want to burden your child with the responsibility of such a name... completely. But, well, give it a thought. Again, completely understand if you think your son would not be string enough for such a name... I won't hold it against you. Your son may, if he ever found out such a name was an option, But, well, I'm sure you'll have a good reason and you'll assuage him his tears and reassure him that whatever name you chickened out to is fine.

And audit a class? How far are you driving to audit? Did you move? Are you closer? I dunno... I'm already taking four classes, could I take a fifth? Of course! Why? My name is Warwick.

teh = the said...

ummm, yeah, by the way, that should be strong enough, not string enough.

Warwick's aren't the best spollers.
Er, spellers.

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro,
BTW, nice combat roll. We have been praying for your little "Jellybean" nightly with Emma. Oh, and I also check your blog regularly as well. See people do read this thing :)
Peace,
Chris